School Directory Listing Instructions
School listings are for AJF Arts Professional members teaching in accredited universities, colleges and academies with degree or certification programs.
PHOTO FILE REQUIREMENTS
All images must be formatted to the specifications shown below in order to be uploaded successfully to the Art Jewelry Forum website.
File Format: Standard JPEG
Width: between 400 pixels and 600 pixels, not narrower or wider
Height: between 400 pixels and 800 pixels, not shorter or taller
- Resolution: images are for web display, 72 dpi is required.
- File Size: Under 200kb
Step One: Assemble and prepare the following photo files.
- School Logo. Save using the school name followed by the word logo.
- Facility Photo (school building, grounds or studios). Save using the school name followed by a word(s) describing the facility
- Instructor Photos (one photo of each instructor in the listing). Save using the school name and the last name of the instructor (example: UWMadisonJones.jpg)
- Photo of one piece of work by each instructor. Save using the name instructors name followed by a word describing the piece (example: BabaraSmithBrooch.jpg)
Step Two: Prepare the text and photo captions document (a WORD document with all the text/copy needed for your directory listing.)
- Name of the person responsible for the listing
- Email address of the person responsible for the listing
- Telephone number of the person responsible for the listing
- Name of School
- Street Address
- State or Province
- ZIP/Postal Code
- Website address
- Program Overview: A description of the school’s jewelry/metals program of no longer than 500 words, typically three to five paragraphs. Visit the SCHOOLS section of the Art jewelry Forum website for examples.
- Instructor List: Provide the full name, title and a short professional bio or statement (less than 100 words) for each instructor (professor, lecturer, or artist) associated with the school’s jewelry/metals program.
- Photo caption information for each piece of instructor’s work. Include the following information in the order shown, separated by commas as shown in the example below: Full Name, Title or Untitled, year, type of object, material, material, material, dimensions, photo: Photographer
Examples: John Smith, Untitled, 2010, brooch, silver, paper, wood, 4 x 3 x 2 inches, photo: Kathleen Hall
Esther Black, Road to Mecca, 2012, necklace, sterling silver, copper, enamel, 25 x 30 x 12 mm
Step Four: Congratulations! You have it all together.
- Save all the files in one folder.
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us all your material is ready. Do not attach or send any of your files.
- When we receive your email you will be contacted with instructions on how to easily and quickly upload your files to our secure “drop box”.