The Art Jewelry Forum (AJF) is a non-profit organization established in 1997 to advocate for the field of contemporary art jewelry. We do so through education, discourse, appreciation and support for the field.
Our goal is to:
Create opportunities for members and a broader audience (within and outside the field) to build knowledge, understanding and appreciation of contemporary art jewelry. We do this by:
- Organizing programs that provide financial support to contemporary art jewelers, exhibitions, publications and writers in the field of contemporary art jewelry.
- Establishing platforms (including website, blog, newsletter, events and publications) that encourage discourse about contemporary art jewelry.
- Forming alliances with other organizations to further the mission of AJF.
Why should you join?
AJF is a force in the dynamic field of contemporary art jewelry. Your donation supports AJF programs that fund emerging art jewelers, writers and institutions that analyze and promote contemporary art jewelry in the United States and abroad. AJF is a portal to the rich and varied world of contemporary art jewelry and the communities of interest who support it, a guide to the important players in the field and an opportunity to meet them – on the website and in person. If you are interested in learning more about contemporary art jewelry, you should join others who share your passion. If you want to raise the public’s appreciation of this art form, you should join. If you want to engage in stimulating dialogue about contemporary art jewelry, then you should join.
What does your AJF donation enable us to do?
Support AJF Programs
- Fund speakers who are leading voices in the contemporary art jewelry world at major shows and conferences like SOFA and COLLECT.
- Underwrite catalogs and exhibitions that help to build a ‘body of work’ about contemporary art jewelry with annual grants currently up to $7500.
- Sponsor a $5000 juried Emerging Artist Award.
- Sponsor AJF exhibitions at major shows and events.
- Facilitate a sense of community, shared purpose and rich dialogue among collectors, curators, gallerists, educators and writers who share a passion for contemporary art jewelry.
Offer Exclusive Travel Opportunities
- Provide unique opportunities to see collections not available to the public-at-large.
- Offer intimate settings that encourage maximum opportunities for dialogue, learning and networking.
- Open up behind-the-scenes tours of artist studios to hear outstanding jewelers talk about their work.
- Offer VIP passes and free admission to selected major shows and conferences.
Publish a Resource Rich Website and Newsletter
- Present information about contemporary art jewelry from a variety of perspectives on our website and blog.
- Commission and publish articles by leading voices in the contemporary art jewelry field that cannot be found anywhere else.
- Distribute an e-newsletter on a monthly basis.